Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Wow!

During this time of year, I like to drive out to the Preserve just to see what is out there so far as wildlife etc.  Last Friday, was foggy and cold most of the morning.  I was going to leave early but decided to be patient and wait for the sun to peek out from the clouds/fog. 

I was in my car on a side road taking pictures of Great Egrets.  A couple of them were cooperative and allowed me to get somewhat close.  One in particular was just casually looking around and then it quickly bent down and grabbed something.  I thought it was going to be bug...oh no...it's a rodent!  It was an interesting moment as I had my camera fixed on the Egret the whole time.  I could hear the squeaking and as you can see, it was really trying to get out of that beak.  Alas, the Egret flew off and eventually swallowed it's lunch. 

After that shot, I drove back to an area were newborn lambs and ewe's were located in a makeshift pen.  The fog in the morning did not provide for good pictures but after noon,  the lighting improved and so did the disposition of the lambs. 




No comments: