Friday, January 27, 2017

1st Time Visiting Sacramento National Wildlife Refuge

Arrival time: 6am
Traffic: Very light
Experience:  AWESOME

I have been wanting to visit this Refuge for sometime but one has to get up early to get to this location which is an hour and a half (or more) from my home.  Fortunately, I was headed to the airport to drop a friend off and decided to get back on I-5 from the airport to the Refuge.  I did not know what to expect once I arrived.  Fortunately, the gates to the Refuge open one hour before sunrise so just as the sun was about to come up, I drove onto the path to do the auto tour.  I was not disappointed.  Coyotes and Jack Rabbits were loping and bounding about before sunrise.  I was not able to photo them but I was able to get a shot of the sunrise, Ring Necked Pheasants, a Bald Eagle and a tiny Golden Crowned Sparrow.  I must say, the highlight of my visit was the Eagle!  So Majestic!





2 comments:

Unknown said...

Conditions weren't the greatest... but like every time we get out... something special always happens! Bunny palooza... Chicken fest... Blue geese... and the majestic one!

Unknown said...

So True Jim!