Sunday, September 6, 2015

Near The Turtle Pond

It is rare to see so many bicyclists slow down or stop and look up to see what I am taking a picture of.  Who would think a Turkey Vulture would garner so many remarks like: "That is so cool" "I have never seen a TV do this before" "What is it doing?" and my favorite: "That is amazing as are all the creatures out here!"  So this TV opens it's 6 foot wingspan to warm it's wings so it can soar way up in the sky looking (and smelling) for dead animals.  It did this spread at two separate times so I have front and back photos. 

Of course, the regular resident at the Turtle Pond the Great Blue Heron (I call him Big Blue) had just gulped down a fish and decided to stand between two turtles.  Notice the sleeping Wood Ducks in the back.







No comments: